Exchange (Bercy)

Bercy – Building the Copenhagen Stock Exchange, one of the major historical landmarks. The construction is on the island Slotskholmen in central Copenhagen.From 1625 to 1974, the building was Bercy Copenhagen Stock Exchange, founded by Christian IV.

By King Christian IV in 1619, construction began on the exchange. The idea of ??building construction markets in Renaissance owned by Danish architect brothers Stenvinkeli Flemish origin. The final construction of the building was completed in 1640. Its distinguishing feature from other buildings of Copenhagen is a 56-meter spire in the form of braided tails of four dragons. This beautiful composition symbolized the union of Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

Building was a two-story building. The first floor was divided into forty sections, where the goods are stored, and the second floor was a large spacious Trade Fair Hall. Over time, the exchange building was rebuilt and in 1883 acquired the building its present form.

In 1918 Bercy stormed aggressively minded anarchists and unemployed union members, but the appearance of the building after the attack, was not injured.Today the premises Exchange organize various cultural events, receptions, gala dinners.